- 1 pound lean ground beef, ground turkey or chicken
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped small
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper over medium heat.
- Strain off liquids.
- Add in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thick and bubbly
- Season with salt and pepper.
We love these served on a toasted bun with melted Velveeta or American cheese served with a big fat pickle and salty potato chips.