- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F.
Make the Filling
- In a medium-size bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg, milk and banana until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of the coconut.
Assemble the Tart
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until 1/8” thick and about 1 inch larger than the tart pan you’ll be using. I HIGHLY recommend using a tart pan with a removable bottom. You can also use a spring form pan too!
- Line the pan with the circle of dough and trim the edges even with the top of the pan.
- Spread the caramel sauce on the bottom of the tart.
- Spoon the filling into the shell and bake until the tart is a light toasty brown, about 20 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking time, sprinkle the remaining ½ cup coconut on a cookie sheet.
- Put in the oven with the tart and let brown, watching so it doesn’t burn.
- When the coconut is toasted, about 5 minutes, take out of the oven.
- Take the tarts out of the oven and sprinkle the toasted coconut on top.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with the whipped cream and serve.