- 1 lb thick-cut, high quality bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2–3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 3/4 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire cooling rack on top. Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- Place the bacon pieces on top of the rack trying not to overlap. Sprinkle the bacon with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven sprinkle the bacon liberally with half of the sugar-spice mixture trying to coat the top evenly. Return to oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the bacon.
- Sprinkle liberally with the rest of the sugar-spice mixture, evenly coating. Return to the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- If the bacon is not crispy enough (remember it’ll crisp up as it cools), flip the bacon over and bake for a few more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 1 minute on the rack and then using cooking tongs, remove the bacon from the rack and plate.
To help simplify clean up, as these are cooling, fill your sink up with hot soapy water. Remove the bacon from the racks and immediately put your cooling racks in the water. Let soak for 5-10 minutes and clean up is a breeze! *Note – make sure your cooling racks can be submerged in water first!