- 1 cup coconut oil, softened (but not melted)
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar or 5/8 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 2 eggs or 6 tablespoon egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Syntrax Micellar Creme Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats, not steel or instant
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups dried blueberries
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon milk
- Coarse sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the softened coconut oil and sugar until creamy/fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, lemon juice, milk and coconut extract. Mix well to incorporate scraping sides down.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, Syntrax Micellar Cream Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder, baking soda and salt.
- Turning your mixer speed to the lowest setting, slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Mix just to combine and turn off the mixer.
- Scrape down the sides and the paddle attachment.
- Add in the oats, coconut flakes, dried blueberries and lemon zest until everything is well combined.
- The mixture should be tacky to the touch and feel moist but not wet. It should hold it’s shape.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and scrape off the paddle.
- VERY gently fold in the fresh blueberries. Be sure not to break them otherwise you’ll end up with purple cookies. If you find it’s too difficult, scoop out your dough and gently press some blueberries into the dough trying to cover them slightly.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoon), place the dough 2” apart. You should be able to get 12 on a standard sized pan.
- Slightly press down just to remove that ‘cookie hump’.
- If desired sprinkle with coarse sanding sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly golden brown and the tops, when pushed, have a slight give. Do NOT overbake these.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for no more than 1 minute on the pan.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove them from the tray onto a cooling rack. They will seem soft at first but they will firm up.
- Store in an airtight container.
If desired you could drizzle some melted white chocolate on top for garnish.