It’s that time again folks for my weekly installment of my Protein Packed dishes featuring SI03 and their AMAZING Syntrax Protein Powders. Working with them and their products has been absolutely AMAZING! I drink 2 shakes a day and always, always incorporate the protein powder in a treat or in one of my dishes. The taste is hands down the absolute BEST I’ve ever had.
So last night I had a sweet tooth pretty bad but it was one of those where I didn’t want chocolate or something like that but rather I wanted something light and ‘summery’. Now this could have been from the fact that the past 2 nights/mornings it’s been below 30F! Yes.. it’s May and I’m STILL scraping frost off of my vehicle!
Side message… “Dear Mother Nature, whatever people did, forgive them here in Pittsburgh because I’M TIRED of freezing my booty off at night and in the mornings! Have one of my cookies, k? They make everything all better!
K, thanks! Bye!
Okay so now that I got that off my chest, my sweet tooth. So I was standing in my kitchen and literally just staring at some of the most gorgeous blueberries ever. We’re talking huge, fat, purple and super juicy. Now sure I could have eaten a handful of them but I wanted a cookie. Since I wanted ‘summery’, nothing speaks that more than the combination of lemon and blueberry. It’s bright and light. So I got to putting some ingredients together and tasted the batter (shush… I love cookie dough batter). It was super yummy but I wanted another level of flavor. I wanted to elevate it. Since I already had coconut oil it I decided to add some raw coconut flakes and coconut extract. People, people, people! I literally could have eaten that entire bowl of batter with a spoon. It was so good that I was super geeked out because if the batter tasted that good then I knew the baked cookie was going to be off da hook! LOL
When these came out of the oven…
I was in complete and utter love! ♥♥♥♥♥
They were soft but firm, the blueberries were just about to burst and the smell of lemon was so pungent that all you wanted to do was sniff in the aroma… well okay, after you stuffed 2 in your mouth!
I was so excited that I almost shared these early on Facebook but I waited. Trust me, it was TORTURE to with hold these!
I took a batch of these to work (gotta love co-workers who love samples). Now my friends are brutally honest and will tell me what they think. I had more people coming to my desk asking for another.. and another… and another! One offered to have my babies in exchange for more cookies! So yeah, these are a HUGE hit!
What I love most about these is that they are SUPER HEALTHY but they don’t taste it! You really want to feel guilty about eating cookies but with these, you don’t have to! They are packed with protein and yummy good stuff!
You’re gonna fall in love with these gorgeous summery cookies! These are PERFECT even for bridal showers, wedding showers, cookie tables and graduation parties!
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened (but not melted)
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar or 5/8 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 2 eggs or 6 Tbl egg whites
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Syntrax Micellar Creme Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats, not steel or instant
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups dried blueberries
- 2 Tbl lemon zest
- 1 Tbl lemon juice
- 3 Tbl milk
- Coarse sanding sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the softened coconut oil and sugar until creamy/fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, lemon juice, milk and coconut extract. Mix well to incorporate scraping sides down.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, Syntrax Micellar Cream Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder, baking soda and salt.
- Turning your mixer speed to the lowest setting, slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Mix just to combine and turn off the mixer.
- Scrape down the sides and the paddle attachment.
- Add in the oats, coconut flakes, dried blueberries and lemon zest until everything is well combined.
- The mixture should be tacky to the touch and feel moist but not wet. It should hold it’s shape.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and scrape off the paddle.
- VERY gently fold in the fresh blueberries. Be sure not to break them otherwise you’ll end up with purple cookies. If you find it’s too difficult, scoop out your dough and gently press some blueberries into the dough trying to cover them slightly.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 Tbl), place the dough 2” apart. You should be able to get 12 on a standard sized pan.
- Slightly press down just to remove that ‘cookie hump’.
- If desired sprinkle with coarse sanding sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly golden brown and the tops, when pushed, have a slight give. Do NOT overbake these.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for no more than 1 minute on the pan.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove them from the tray onto a cooling rack. They will seem soft at first but they will firm up.
- Store in an airtight container.
If desired you could drizzle some melted white chocolate on top for garnish.