Crusty and Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbl flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Peach Berry Pie Filling see note
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 8″ square pan.
- Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add in cooled melted butter and mix until dough forms. I started with a fork and ended up using my fingers to make a moist crumb mixture
- Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture and set aside
- Press the remaining dough into prepared pan.
- Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press it down in evenly.
- Set aside.
- Place the greek yogurt, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 Tbl flour, egg and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour over crust, spreading out evenly.
- Spoon the pie filling over the creamy filling.
- Using a spoon, gently make few swirls.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture. Don’t worry if it doesn’t cover it all.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan.
- At this point you can scoop into small bowls or cut into squares
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
To make the Peach Berry Pie Filling I just used 5 cups of fresh peaches and 2 cups of fresh blueberries.