When I was at Costco the other day that had the most GORGEOUS peaches and fresh blueberries I have seen in a long time! The peaches were fuzzy and well, peachy colored and just smelled like peaches. I knew even without biting into one that they would be awesome! And those blueberries! So purple-y blue and ginormous! I mean it was all I could do to refrain from sampling them prior to buying them however I did – don’t want to end up in the pokey for eating food I didn’t buy yet. Since I bought so much I ended up making some peach berry pie filling using my Homemade Peach Pie Filling recipe. Now in the pot I had about a good cup or so left which wasn’t enough to can so I used the remaining pie filling in this summer fruit & cream cobbler.
Folks this was so awesome that I almost kept the recipe for myself but you know I love you guys and I had to share. This is a fantastic dish to take to a cook out, bbq or even a pot luck. I’ve had it both straight out of oven and cold. Both AWESOME! Since it has the cream filling in it, it needs refrigerated so if you are taking it to a cookout, please be sure to place it over ice/cold pack.
We had this for dessert tonight with some ice cold whipping cream poured over top (just a little). SENSATIONAL!
Now if you don’t have peach berry pie filling you literally can use ANY pie filling you like… even cucka cherry *wink*Print
Crusty and Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Peach Berry Pie Filling see note
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 8″ square pan.
- Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add in cooled melted butter and mix until dough forms. I started with a fork and ended up using my fingers to make a moist crumb mixture
- Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture and set aside
- Press the remaining dough into prepared pan.
- Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press it down in evenly.
- Set aside.
- Place the greek yogurt, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, egg and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour over crust, spreading out evenly.
- Spoon the pie filling over the creamy filling.
- Using a spoon, gently make few swirls.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture. Don’t worry if it doesn’t cover it all.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan.
- At this point you can scoop into small bowls or cut into squares
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
To make the Peach Berry Pie Filling I just used 5 cups of fresh peaches and 2 cups of fresh blueberries.