- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Water (3 cups for spiked, 5 cups for kid-friendly)
- 1 pound of strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves (almost .5 ounces)
- 2 cups vodka (if spiked – only add the 3 cups of water then)
Make the syrup
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Boil for 5-10 minutes, without stirring or until the sugar is all dissolved.
- Remove from heat and chill before using. ~at least 1 hour
- In a blender, add the strawberries and 1 cup basil leaves and pulse until smooth. Feel free to run the mixture through a sieve if you don’t want the seeds/pulp. I prefer it.
- In a large pitcher, add the lemon juice, water, simple syrup, strawberry-basil mixture and vodka (if using).
- Stir to combine.
- Pour over ice and garnish with a basil leaf and strawberry.
If you do add alcohol, please drink responsibly and never, EVER drink and drive! You’re too important to the TKW Family!