- 4 red or yellow pears, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large shallot, minced (~3 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
- In a medium pot bring the vinegar and brown sugar to a boil, whisking.
- When the sugar has completely dissolved, add in the rest of the ingredients and bring back to a boil. Once it is at a boil, allow to boil for 3 minutes exactly, stirring occasionally.
- After 3 minutes, reduce the heat to simmer and allow to cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 45-60 minutes or until thick.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.