For the Potatoes
- 1 Bag Side Delights® Steamables Duo potatoes (12 small potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter)
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp finely chopped red jalapeno pepper
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
For the guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbl fresh chives, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Place the Side Delights® Steamables Duo potatoes bag in the microwave and follow the directions to cook (8-9 minutes).
- While the potatoes are cooking make the guacamole. Pit the avocado. Dice the avocado and transfer to a medium bowl. Add chives, lime juice, salt and pepper and mash together with a fork until half smooth and half chunky. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, carefully remove them from the microwave, open the bag and allow to cool slightly until they are cool enough to handle.
- Once cool enough to handle cut 1/4” from the top of each. Using a 1/2 tsp scoop out the middle portion of each potato so the remaining portion looks like a little cup. Place the potato “cups” on to a lined baking pan. Save the scooped out potatoes for another recipe.
- Whisk together the oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brush the potato cups with the mixture.
- Turn the broiler on high. Fill each cup with cheese and broil for a few minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the potatoes to cool slightly. Top with guacamole mixture, chopped jalapeno pepper and a sprinkle of cilantro. Serve warm or room temp.
Original recipe source: Side Delights Website