- 12 frozen dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon melted butter, unsalted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and full fat
- 3/4 cup sour cream, full fat
- 1 28 ounce can Redpack Tomatoes Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, drained with 2 tablespoon juice reserved
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In 2- 10” round cast iron pan brush the bottom and sides with 1 teaspoon of melted butter. Place 12 frozen dinner rolls around the outside of each trying to leave space in between them. Lightly spray with cooking spray then loosely cover with plastic wrap. Allow to thaw and rise (30-45 minutes). For this recipe I made 1 skillet and 1 baked dip (for pretzels and veggies) which means if you do that you only need 12 dinner rolls.
- While the rolls are thawing/rising, preheat the oven to 350F with the rack in the middle. In a large bowl add the cream cheese, sour cream, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Whip together until light and fluffy. Next add in the shredded cheeses, 1/4 cup parmesan and mix until combined. Add in the basil and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the well-drained tomatoes and gently fold in. *Note I strained these for about 30 minutes gently pressing down every 5 minutes or so to try and get as much juice out as possible. The more juice you leave in, you run the risk of your dip being watery.
- Add half of the dip in the center of the bread rolls. If making 2 skillets, put the remaining dip in the other pan. If making 1 skillet pan and 1 tray of dip, spoon the rest of the dip in a 2 quart heat-safe baking dish.
- Mix together the remaining 2 tablespoon of melted butter, 2 tablespoon of reserved tomato juice and 2 tablespoon of grated parmesan. Brush gently on the tops of the rolls. Place the rolls (both pans or pan and baking dish) in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown and the dip is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge. *Note is not recommended putting the cast iron pan in the fridge.
3451.7 g744.1 mg19.6 g3.5 g12.3 g50.7 mg