- 1 package Mission® Super Soft Flour Tortillas (8 ct.)
- 2lbs boneless/skinless chicken breasts or mixture of breasts and thighs
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- pinch of cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (more means it’s hotter)
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (from above)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (from above)
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 radishes, shaved thin
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro plus extra for garnish
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Transfer to a container, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Make the Barbacoa
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, tomato paste, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, pepper, salt, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, sugar and stock. Blend to combine. To at least a 6qrt pressure cooker, add the chicken, bay leaves and the liquid from the blender. Lock the lid, set the timer for 10 minutes on high. When the timer is done, do a quick release on the pressure.
- Remove the lid and shut off the pressure cooker. Using tongs, take out the chicken pieces placing them either into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or on a plate. If using the mixer, turn it on and mix just until the chicken is shredded (leave some chunks). If doing it by hand, use 2 forks and shred the chicken. Remember you want some bigger pieces.
- With the liquid still in the pressure cooker, remove the bay leaves (discarding them) and place the shredded chicken back into the liquid. Add in the 2 tablespoon of cilantro, stir and let it rest in the liquid for a few minutes. Strain the chicken reserving the liquid for rice or another use.
Assemble and Devour!
- In a large, ungreased pan over medium heat add Mission® Super Soft Flour Tortillas to the pan and cook for 15-30 seconds or until warmed through. Repeat until all are warmed through.
- To the bottom of a warmed tortilla, add some barbacoa chicken, Cotija, lime crema, radish slices, cilantro and chopped tomatoes.
*you will have extra lime crema but this is awesome as a dip with Mission® Strips Tortilla Chips