- 1 1/4 cups wild rice blend, rinsed *see note 1 for Keto
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless
- 6 1/2 cups chicken stock *See note 2
- 2 medium carrots, cut into small cubes
- 1 stalk celery, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2–3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Place the oil into the 8 quart Instant Pot and set it to saute. Add in the onions, carrots, celery and a pinch of the salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the rice, stir and cook for 2 minutes as you want to lightly toast the rice. Turn off the instant pot.
- Add in 1/2 cup of broth and stir to pick up any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Add in 2 1/2 cups more stock, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaves, and chicken. Close the lid and pressure cook on HIGH for 25 minutes. Perform a quick release when the time is up.
- Remove the lid, fish out the bay leaves (discard). Remove the chicken and shred into pieces or cut into small chunks. Add the chicken back into the soup plus the rest of the stock. Put the IP to saute or warm and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring till incorporated and the soup is hot all the way through but DO NOT allow to boil.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as desired the serve
- In an 8 quart crockpot, add all of the ingredients. Cover and set it to HIGH and cook for 4-5 hours or set it to LOW and cook for 7-8 hours.
- When done, fish out the bay leaves (discard). Remove the chicken and shred into pieces or cut into small chunks. Add the chicken pieces back to the pot; stir and enjoy!
- Season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
Swap in 16 ounces of uncooked rice cauliflower. You make the recipe as-is however you do not add in the riced cauliflower when you cook the chicken. When the dish is done, and, you put the chicken back in the pot then you add in 8-16 ounces of the riced cauliflower and cook for 2-3 minutes or until to your desired tenderness.
If you do not have homemade stock, I absolutely LOVE these Stock Pods by Knorr!