- 36 Madeleine cookies (homemade recipe or even store bought)
- 1/2 recipe of Strawberry Frosting (about 4–5 cups)
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- If making the madeleines from scratch, allow to cool completely. Remove the hump of the cookie by using a paring knife to carefully slice off the hump. Save the hump for another recipe or eat it as a snack.
- Using either an offset spatula or piping bag, add about 2-3 Tablespoons of the fresh strawberry frosting ensuring that the entire cut side of the one madeleine cookie is covered.
- Place another cut side on top of the frosting and gently press to make a sandwich.
- Add the prepared cookies to a glass container with layers of parchment or wax paper in between and seal. Place the container in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar prior to serving,
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
*Time does not include if you make the cookies from scratch or chill time for the cookies