- 4lb chicken thighs, boneless
- 4 Tbl al pastor seasoning
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 whole onion cut in thirds, skin removed
- 1 large pineapple, skin removed and cut in thirds (leave the core)
- Place the chicken, oil, seasoning, and oj in a plastic food storage bag or a lidded food storage pan (lid sold separately). Mix to combine, cover and place in the fridge for 15-16 hours.
- The next day, light the Big Green Egg, add in the convEGGtor, legs facing up, and add a grate. Heat up to 375°. If you do not have a Big Green Egg, set your grill for indirect heat.
- Place one of the 3 slices of the onion on a large Trompo King Vertical Skewer. Next, add one section of pineapple followed by a third of the chicken. Repeat one more layer. Next switch it up by adding the last round of pineapple, the rest of the chicken, and the last slice of onion.
- When the EGG is at temp, set the Trompo King Vertical Skewer stacked with all of that deliciousness onto the egg. Cook for 1.5-2 hours or until the chicken temp registers at 165°.
- Move the Trompo to a heat-safe counter and using a carving knife, slice and enjoy!
*time does not include overnight marinating