Today is a day of simplicity… Just some basic chores, a few dozen of cakes (individual ones), Loaded Chocolate Bar cookies and a light lunch.
Today I was in one of those clean out moods… cleaning out the pantry and just making something edible.
After foraging, I found some red skinned taters, onions, garlic, zucchini and other stuff.
This is what I ended up with… spiced summer veggies.Print
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 small zucchini, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 hot banana pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, zucchini, onions and banana pepper.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, chili powder and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cilantro and black beans. Cook for 1 minute.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro
Sadly I need to get my butt in gear and work on plating all the cakes I made this morning for the bonfire later. With that, I’ll leave you with this… My brother is going to LOVE me! These are his favorite cakes!