Remember when I made that Baked Parmesan Dill Crusted Tilapia? Well a miracle happened and I had extra tilapia that Mr. Fantabulous didn’t find.. LOL You remember.. the man that said “Fiiiiiiiiiiish??? Like REAL FISH??? Honey you know I don’t know like that stuff! Blech!” and proceeded to leave the kitchen head sulking only to come back with lip still dragging on the floor to the table to eat up every single piece of fish I made? Yeah.. THAT man! haha!
Anywho…I baked up another batch of this only I wanted didn’t want just fish by itself; I wanted Mexican – a taco really.
So with that I went about making a tilapia soft taco. Now the fish was done but I wanted the ‘slaw’. Yeah I know, I could have used lettuce but I wanted to give a Californian Flair. I wanted light and bright flavors as the fish itself was deeply flavored and wanted something to accentuate it rather than muddle it down. Know what I mean, jelly bean? tee hee.. Mr. Fantabulous says that to me all the time…
Fortunately I had gone to the market the day before and had everything on hand to make this. I was going to make stuffed cabbages but I nixed that and went with a lemon oil slaw and since I always have avocados in my fridge, I was set. Yeah, I
This is really filling but on the lighter side. Now if you didn’t want the parmesan crust on the fish you could easily just drizzle with some olive oil, dill, salt/pepper and a hint of lemon. Totally your call here. Either way, it’s super SUPER yummy!
California Tilapia Soft Tacos
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 2–4 pieces Parmesan Dill Crusted Tilapia filets *See note
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 4 tablespoon shredded cheddar
- Fresh avocado slices
- 4 8” round tortilla shells
- Mix the cabbage, carrots, oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and sugar. Taste – adjust salt/pepper to liking.
- Warm the tortilla shells by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and microwaving for 10-20 seconds.
- Remove one of the shells from the paper towel (leave the rest wrapped) and add 1/2 of 1 of the pieces of fish to the middle of the shell. *Note, this is assuming you have large filets.
- Add 1/4 of the cabbage slaw on top evenly distributing it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cheddar on top.
- Add 3-4 avocado slices on top.
- Fold over and continue making the rest of the soft tacos.
If you didn’t want the Parmesan Crusted Dill Tilapia, following the same directions as that recipe, pat the fish dry and bake the one side with just some dill and salt. Flip it over and drizzle on the olive oil, remaining dill and lemon juice. It’ll keep it super light and bright.
Leave a Comment & Review