- 1 recipe Pizza Dough (makes 2 12” pizzas)
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 2–3 cups BBQ Boneless Beef Short Ribs, shredded
- 1 cup Bacon BBQ Sauce (can use more or less per liking)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (whole milk)
- 8 slices Thick cut bacon coated in the BBQ Spiced Bacon Seasoning (see below)
BBQ Spiced Bacon Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 3/4 smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 fresh black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 Tbl dark brown sugar
- In a bowl combine the BBQ Spiced Bacon seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Lightly spray the rack.
- Dredge both sides of the bacon in the spice mixture and place on the cooling rack.
- Bake for 13 minutes, flip and bake for another 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 1 minute on the rack and then using cooking tongs, remove the bacon from the rack and plate.
- Place the grill pan on the burner, brush the bottom and the sides of the pan with a thin coating of oil and heat over medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating up, stretch out your dough to the circumference of your pan.
- When the pan is hot enough (it’ll start to slightly smoke) place the dough on the bottom of the pan. I just place it in fast (but safely) and straighten out the dough. If you don’t feel comfortable with that, drape your dough over a rolling a pin (oil side out) and transfer it to your pan.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom starts to produce grill marks.
- Remove the lid and using a heat-safe spatula, flip the dough, cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid, flip and working fast top with your sauce, beef and cheeses.
- Replace the lid and cook for 1 minute.
- Uncover, place the bacon on top and cook for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
- Remove from the pan with large spatula and drizzle with additional BBQ Sauce.
This recipe will make 2 pizzas.
Special equipment needed
12-14” Stove top grill pan with lid or Cast Iron grill pan with lid