This pizza was so friggen good that I made it 4 days in a row for me.
I wanted nothing but this pizza. I had it sometimes twice a day – lunch AND dinner!
It’s just so sinful and … dirty. You know that kind of food where you feel so guilty eating it, like you’re doing something bad and you wanna confess but you can’t help yourself and you just continue eating it.
Yeah, that’s how this pizza made me feel… dirty, sinful and pure mad evil…
and I loved every single bite of this flavor explosion!
The crusty is super crunchy/crispy, the sauce so tangy and full of bacon. That meat…
Dear sweet Jesus that beef short rib meat… If you haven’t made the short ribs yet, you are seriously missing out on the 8th wonder!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go make this again because just thinking of this pizza and how amazingly delicious it is I cannot sit still!
I NEED this!Print
- 1 recipe Pizza Dough (makes 2 12” pizzas)
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 2–3 cups BBQ Boneless Beef Short Ribs, shredded
- 1 cup Bacon BBQ Sauce (can use more or less per liking)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (whole milk)
- 8 slices Thick cut bacon coated in the BBQ Spiced Bacon Seasoning (see below)
BBQ Spiced Bacon Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 3/4 smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 fresh black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 Tbl dark brown sugar
- In a bowl combine the BBQ Spiced Bacon seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Lightly spray the rack.
- Dredge both sides of the bacon in the spice mixture and place on the cooling rack.
- Bake for 13 minutes, flip and bake for another 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 1 minute on the rack and then using cooking tongs, remove the bacon from the rack and plate.
- Place the grill pan on the burner, brush the bottom and the sides of the pan with a thin coating of oil and heat over medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating up, stretch out your dough to the circumference of your pan.
- When the pan is hot enough (it’ll start to slightly smoke) place the dough on the bottom of the pan. I just place it in fast (but safely) and straighten out the dough. If you don’t feel comfortable with that, drape your dough over a rolling a pin (oil side out) and transfer it to your pan.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom starts to produce grill marks.
- Remove the lid and using a heat-safe spatula, flip the dough, cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid, flip and working fast top with your sauce, beef and cheeses.
- Replace the lid and cook for 1 minute.
- Uncover, place the bacon on top and cook for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
- Remove from the pan with large spatula and drizzle with additional BBQ Sauce.
This recipe will make 2 pizzas.
Special equipment needed
12-14” Stove top grill pan with lid or Cast Iron grill pan with lid
Keywords: bacon, beef short ribs, pizza, TKW Favorite, bbq