- 1/2 cup greek toasted coconut yogurt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon oil
- 1/2 cup natural apple sauce
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Lemon Syrup Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray and flour a 10” spring form pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, sugar and eggs together until well combined.
- Add in the lemon oil, lemon zest and apple sauce.
- Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the 1 1/2 cups of flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and coconut.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir together batter is smooth and homogeneous.
- In a separate bowl, add in the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Gently mix to coat the blueberries.
- Dump in the blueberries (and flour) into the batter and gently fold in.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the sides of the cake have slightly pulled away from the pan.
- Remove from the oven and take a thin blade to go around the end of the cake.
- Gently release the latch and remove the side of the spring form pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled garnish with fresh blueberries, drizzle Lemon Syrup Glaze
- on top.
If you didn’t want blueberries you could easily use fresh raspberries