Okay it’s the new year so let’s start with a new, clean slate. On today’s Tuesday’s Tip with The Kitchen Whisperer I’m sharing with you some of my favorite kitchen tips to kick start the new year off on the right foot!
No resolutions, no wish lists – just small, ATTAINABLE goals that you can meet with simple dedication and perseverance. Perhaps you want to lose some weight or manage your time better. Maybe you want to take a vacation this year so start now on saving. These are things that I do and honestly, for me, work. Maybe they’ll work for you too.
Time Management – so how can a recipe site help you out with time management? Easy! When you make a recipe, double it or triple it. When it’s done simply divide the leftover into freezer meals. So on those nights when you’re pressed for time and you’re fretting about dinner. Don’t fret and don’t order out. Just reach in your freezer for a home cooked meal and relax. You got this!
Saving Money – let’s face it, stuff is expensive however we all deserve nice things albeit a vacation, new purse, new pots & pans or whatever. Since Oprah hasn’t returned my calls to adopt me I, like you, have to save for things. I find out how much it costs and how I can take money I spend weekly and save that for my wish list item. The easiest way to do this – QUIT EATING OUT. Okay fine, it’s nice to go out once in a while but not every day for lunch. So go out twice a month and if you spend $10 a day on lunch, pay yourself that $10 and put it in a bank. Tape a picture of what you’re saving for on your bank. Now this requires you to be honest about this – don’t do the “I owe you” to yourself. Pack your lunch – use up those leftovers you made. How else to save money? Coupons and rebates. Now for me I LOVE LOVE LOVE iBotta! I have close to $300 cash back right now just from buying groceries. And since my TKW iBotta Family has grown, we’re able to get more bonuses faster! JOIN TODAY! Also you MUST USE referral code: rkhavaw
Healthy Eating – so this is honestly one of my favorites as let’s face this, this girl loves to eat. I’m a foodie however I also know that if I don’t eat healthy and everything in moderation I’d be bigger than the damn house. Here are some of my best tips for easy changes to make:
- Pasta – spiralized noodles are a great substitute for pasta. Zucchini, carrots and spaghetti squash are my favorites.
- Pizza – I’m LOVE PIZZA. I could eat it every day buuuuuuuuuuuut I don’t. So when I’m cutting back on those types of food I’ll make my spaghetti squash pizza crust. Folks I’m telling you it’s incredible.
- Protein, Protein, Protein – a high protein, low carb diet really does work
- Cookies/Cakes/Sweets – yes you can have these BUT you must have them in moderation and I have to say this… YOU HAVE TO EXERCISE! No you don’t have to go extreme but you have to move your butt.
- Drink more water – yeah I know, you love soda and beer. But those guys are empty calories.
Now I don’t count calories but look at it this way – 3600 calories = 1lb. So if you cut back your food intake by 3600 calories less a week you’ll lose one pound.
Start off with small realistic goals.
- Make them realistic
- Put a time frame on them
- Develop a plan on how to achieve it
- Keep track of your progress and don’t give up
- Hold yourself accountable – put it in writing, even if it’s for yourself
Just take it one day at a time. You can do this and more importantly you deserve this!