This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™. All opinions are mine alone. #OrganizeWithBrilliance #CollectiveBias
Your weekly meal prep just got a whole lot easier with the Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ 10 pc set! Prep your lunches for the week, store it in these containers and stack it up neatly in the fridge! Easy peasy!
Okay TKW Family if you haven’t heard of these Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ food storage container have I got a treat for you! As you know I cook a lot, no like A LOT. We live a healthy lifestyle that, at times, can go astray but we always find our way back. So one of the ways to help keep us, and by us I mean me as that man could eat everything in the fridge and not gain an ounce <hate him lol>, on that healthy path is by doing weekly meal preps.
What I love about these Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ food storage systems is they are so truly universal from fridge organization, to meal planning & prepping as well as entertaining and grilling (perfect for marinades). And let’s dish for a bit. These are NOTHING like your old time plastic storage containers. These are crystal clear which means no longer do you have to play that fridge game “Oh what’s in this bowl??”. And probably one of my biggest loves is they are completely odor and stain resistant. So yes you can put your pasta sauce in one container and fish in another and when you clean the containers they won’t smell or have that oh-so-lovely stained orange hue to them. AND AND AND what is HUGE for me is they are 100% Leak-Proof. And it’s GUARANTEED!!! Dude, that’s HUGE!
Nothing drives me nuts than making a huge pot of soup, putting it my now discarded old crappy containers, packing it in my lunch bag and by the time lunch rolls around I’ve discovered my soup and salad have decided have decided to become one as my old container leaked. Now when I take my soup and sandwich to work they are keep their distance – no more soggy sandwich and no loss of precious soup! Plus they are splatter-resistant when you microwave food up in them thanks to their innovative vents that allow microwaving with the lid on and latches open to help reduce splatters! And you know what that means?! You’re no longer that office jerk that heats their food up in the communal microwave and allows their lunch to splatter everywhere. Nope, not you – not with this amazing 10pc set!
So where do you find these fantabulous things? Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ is available nationwide at Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Amazon and other fine retailers. Seriously when I got these I was immediately impressed by the design, feel and durability of them. They are sturdy but not clunky or heavy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way they seal. You place the lid on and then gently push to get that vaccuum-like seal then lock the handles. You can actually hear that seal being made. However one cannot judge a book by its cover, er um.. lid. LOL I put them through the test – marinated meats in the large one, put soups in some AND turned them upside down/sideways/shook them and nope … not a single drop came out. I cut up veggies and salads for my meal preps and days later they were still perfectly delicious! And as I said, washing them up – easy peasy!
So now let’s dish about this whole weekly meal prepping thing. Weekly meal prep is not a new thing; it’s just a new buzz word. Growing up it was called leftovers. Yeah, that’s honestly all it is BUT what I love now about the whole concept of weekly meal prepping is that it truly does save time, money and you can make it a family activity.
For me every Sunday I whip up a huge batch/meal of ‘something’ – could be chicken and veggies, could be salads, could be meatloaf/mashed taters/gravy; you name it. And let’s face it – we all live busy lives to sometimes you can’t make dinner or even pack a lunch in the morning. But by taking a couple of hours on a Sunday or whenever and making a large batch of “something” you not only have dinner that night but then you have delicious lunches (or dinners) for the week!
Here are my steps to create some delicious and healthy meal preps:
- Purchase a couple of Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ 10 pc sets. I have 3 sets that I use for both Mr. Fantabulous and I. Apparently he *needs* to eat too. lol
- Cook up an extra batch of *something*. Today I went with my One Pan Mexican Chicken & Rice Casserole This is hearty, packed with rice, veggies and chicken. This is what I use the medium-sized containers for. This is my main part of the meal. This is typically my protein with some carbs or my soup containers.
- For the large container this is where I put my side dish(es) in. I’ll roast up a tray of our favorite veggies one week. Another week I’ll make a large salad (sans dressing), maybe a fruit salad, or a big container full of charcuterie type eats (cubed cheeses, meats and raw veggies).
- For the smaller container this usually houses my fresh chopped up veggies, some hard boiled egg or if I’m seriously craving sweets a few cookies, maybe a mini muffin or some chocolate.
So once my main dish is all completed (and cooled) that’s when I’ll take maybe 20 minutes (if that) to prep our meals for the week. Now we do have a his and her section – he likes ‘his’ stuff and I like ‘my stuff’ since apparently I eat ‘not-normal stuff’ ya know… like quinoa. LOL Since I made that huge tray of One Pan Mexican Chicken & Rice Casserole I just separated it out. In the 2 medium containers I put some of the Mexican rice on the bottom then topped it with a large chicken breast. “His” containers got the full amount below where as mine is much less. Since I had roasted the veggies earlier (today we went with charred Parmesan broccolini) I had them in the large container. And for crunch I added some fresh baby bell peppers.
Now to make these truly a meal prep once I added the rice and chicken into the medium container I garnished it with some of the veggies and put some of the broccolini in with it. A quick snap of the lid and 2 meals plus extra veggies were ready to go. Now as I said I have 3 sets of these so I make 3 large containers of foods – one is all veggies or cooked grains/pasta, one is all cooked meats (chicken breast, pork chops, steak, etc) and one is a large chopped salad. The medium and smaller containers are what I use to create individual meals for us.
By doing this I’m saving a TON of money because I don’t have to run out for lunch while I’m at work and I’m not wasting food in the fridge by forgetting about it. And for me it’s peace of mind knowing Mr. Fantabulous will eat real food (that is not cereal) for lunch because he can see what it is.
And FYI… if you’re one of those people who just kinda ‘toss’ a container in the fridge or jam it in because your fridge is a hot mess, these are a LIFE SAVER! You want to talk about fridge organization?! OMG look how neatly they stack!!! One of biggest complaints Mr. Fantabulous has about me is that I put “too much stuff” in the fridge and he can “never find anything”. With how these are designed my fridge is so organized and neatly stacked. I have more food in it with more options because it’s so organized thanks to these containers!
Seriously these storage systems are in a league of their own! They are clean-lined, classy, BEAUTIFUL and THEY WORK!!! These items are keeping my fridge healthy, organized and neat! Now get in your car and go grab a few of these sets! Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ is available nationwide at Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Amazon and other fine retailers. Or check out the variety of products they offer by clicking here.
Some of my favorite weekly meal preps are:
- Large container full of seasoned pressure cooked chicken breasts and thighs. Tray of roasted veggies. Container of cooked grains. Container of salad mix. From that I can make a chicken salad, healthy rice bowl, by adding a wrap I can make a chicken with roasted veggies. In the smaller containers I’ll toss in some chopped fruit and maybe some cheeses.
- Large container full of cooked skirt steak with grilled veggies. Tray of corn cake and cream cheese stuffed baby bell peppers. From that I’ll make a fajita bowl, skirt steak sandwich with cheesey stuffed peppers or corn cake topped with grilled steak and veggies.
- Large container full of soup. Tray of crostini toast and a large chopped salad. From that I’ll go with soup and crostinis. Salad with crostini croutons. Maybe add in some hard boiled eggs and fruit.
- Large container of roasted veggies. Tray of brown rice (or any grain). Containers of hummus and pita chips. From that I’ll have veggie rice bowls, veggie wrap with hummus and chips, hummus and rice topped with veggies.
The combinations are endless. Just do what I do – large container is almost always proteins, middle containers are your carbs and smaller containers are your sugars.