These crispy little nuggets of honey glazed chicken bites are AMAZING! So tender and juicy with a crispy crust – they are just perfect!
Did you make this recipe?Leave a review
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into smaller chunks/slices (1″)
- 1 egg w/ 2 tablespoon water (beaten)
- 1/2 cup flour (or cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (make sure to remove the spline)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (drained well)
- 5 button mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic (you can use less – I like a garlic taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (more may be necessary)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Prepare all veggies – you can use any type you want here as the recipe is pretty liberal.
- In 1 bowl, light beat the egg and water.
- In another bowl mix the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. *Note: if you want a really crispy chicken like ‘fried’ chicken, use the cornstarch.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat and 1-2 tablespoon oil.
- Add veggies and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and soy sauce, combine. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes and combine.
- Remove veggies from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan you just used, add remaining oil (you may need to add 1-2 more tablespoon if necessary)
- Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture and then lightly dredge in seasoned flour/cornstarch.
- Add to oil and let brown for 3-4 minutes then flip.
- Once chicken is all brown and set aside to remove excess fat, if there is oil left in the pan, take a paper towel and lightly wipe it out.
- Return chicken and veggies to the pan over med-high heat.
- Add honey and sesame seeds and thoroughly mix to combine.
- Taste and adjust spices accordingly (add more salt/pepper or soy sauce.
- Serve over white rice and top with crispy Asian noodles.