Ask and ye shall receive! I received a bunch of emails, IM’s and requests for last night’s dinner recipe. Here you go! Enjoy!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 can of chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 roasted red peppers, roughly cut into chunks
- ½ onion chopped
- 3 cups of broccoli rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream (or make a roux out of 2 cups of milk, 2 tablespoonl butter and 2 tablespoon flour)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic and peppercorn seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pierce the squash all around and microwave for 14 minutes, depending on your microwave wattage. About ½ way through roll it over and continue cooking.
- Melt butter and oil at medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook till translucent.
- Add broccoli and chick peas; stir.
- Stir occasionally and after 5 minutes add garlic.
- Add salt/pepper. Cook for 5 minutes and add peppers; stir to combine.
- Add cream and put heat to high stirring constantly.
- When the cream begins to boil, add the cheese and stir until on the thick side; about 5 minutes . DO NOT BURN!
- Add in garlic/peppercorn seasoning and reduce heat to simmer. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Cut open squash (watch it’s hot!) and remove seeds.
- Using a fork simply ‘shred’ the squash’s innards and it will look like spaghetti noodles.
- Transfer shreddings to a plate, add your vegetable mixture and top with additional cheese if needed.