Lofthouse sugar cookies have been around FOREVER! They are probably one of the better sugar cookies I’ve come across. UBER soft with a cake-like texture.
Did you make this recipe?Leave a review
- In a medium bowl combine cake flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time stirring after each addition.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture combined.
- Chill dough for at least one hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll 3 tablespoons of dough into a ball.
- Use flour on your hands if needed.
- Place ball on baking sheet and flaten to about 1/2 inch thick, molding sides to keep round shape if necessary.
- Continue with remaining dough, placing each 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes on baking sheet, and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer combine butter and gradually add in confectioners sugar.
- When all sugar is added, pour in milk and vanilla and blend on medium until fluffy.
- Add in food color if desired.