You know some days it’s all about simplicity. Less is often more. Tonight’s dinner for me is just that… 4 simplistic ingredients to make something so comforting and nummilicious!
THIS is what I had for dinner… an homage to my pizza shop days – French Bread pizza with cheese and pepperoni. There are days when you just need this!
You can add crushed red pepper flakes as well if you like.
- 2 slices of thick crusty bread (I used 2 slices of the Artisan Boule I made the other day)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (can use more or less depending on taste)
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup of mozzarella/provolone cheese blend (shredded)
- 6 slices of spicy pepperoni
- 1/2 oregano for extra flavor
- Toast bread just until almost golden brown (I like my French Bread Pizza crunchy but if you don’t, you can skip this step).
- Slather pizza sauce on each piece of toasted bread covering to the ends.
- Spread cheese all around almost to the edge. If you go to the edge it’ll most likely melt over and you’ll have a mess.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Sprinkle with oregano
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until the cheese is all ooey gooey melted and the pepperoni edges are just crisp.
- Blow on it (it’ll be hot) before you take a bite. If you burn your mouth don’t blame me because you can’t wait or you didn’t blow on it! I warned you! LOL