I cannot take credit for coming up with this recipe, you can thank the amazing bakers at King Arthur Flour. I took their recipe and tweaked it to make it semi-my own. I’m still playing around with it as well as flavors (I’m thinking honey peanutbutter chocolate).
- 3 1/3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Sticky Bun Sugar *See note
- 2/3 cups sugar *see note (Optional!)
- 2/3 cups finely ground rolled oats
- 1 tsp teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup craisins
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Spray a 9×13″ pan with Pam.
- In a saute pan over medium heat toast the pecans and almond until you start to “smell” the nutty aroma. ~5 minutes. Be sure to stir with a rubber tipped spatula. By doing this it brings out the natural nuttiness of the nut.
- The last minute of the nuts toasting, all the coconut and stir. You don’t want to toast it but you want to just warm it up so it’ll release some of it’s own oil.
- Remove from heat and add the mixture to a big bowl.
- In the same bowl add the Oats, ground oats, salt, Sticky Bun Sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix well to incorporate.
- Add in the craisins and mini chips. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the melted butter, vanilla, water and honey.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry stuff and mix until the mixture is crumbly and well incorporated.
- Empty this into your prepared pan.
- Lightly spray one of hands (palm-side) with Pam and press down the granola mixture firmly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it’s starting to just turn golden brown and the edges are bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let them cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes.
- You can either cut them in your pan with a very sharp knife or bench cutter or turn them out on a cutting board and cut that way.
- Store them in an air tight container lining the layers with parchment paper.
*Note: King Arthur Flour sells Sticky Bun sugar. If you do not have it you can use this:
1/2 cup sugar + 4 tbl light corn syrup + 4 tbl melted butter all mixed together
Plus you will also need the 2/3 cup of additional sugar. You do NOT add this if you are using Sticky Bun Sugar