Growing up if you put a dish of salsa in front of me my face would crinkle worse than a newborn chow puppy! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY was I putting that.. those.. those.. CHUNKS of vegetables into my mouth!
Well um… not much has changed
I like salsa now … as long as it’s minced or blended. If we get salsa and it’s chunky I’ll still make that face though hopefully a bit more discretely but I’ll eat it. *DISCLAIMER*… I’ll eat it by dipping my chip into it, dumping off the chunks essentially leaving only the juice.
Shush! Don’t judge! LOL
- 2 Large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 14.5 oz cans of plain diced tomatoes
- 1–2 Jalapeños seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup large white onion, chopped
- 1–2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4–1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place all ingredients into a blender in the order listed.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are well mixed and salsa has a consistent texture. You do NOT want to puree this!
- Put in a bowl and cover.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour. The longer you let it set, the better it tastes!