Tonight I’m cranky and tired. It’s been a rough, ROUGH past couple of weeks and it won’t really slow down for at least another week.
My mind is going in 37 different directions at once right now and I realized, now, that I didn’t give you the recipe for the Spinach Stuffed Peppers. Now these make an awesome side dish, appetizer, snack or this is PERFECT for a buffet table.
You can also add in cooked crab, shrimp or shredded chicken too!
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 bag package frozen chopped spinach (thawed, well drained) – I squeeze dry it in between some paper towels
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12–16 baby long peppers, split lengthways but not all the way through. Remove seeds and membrane
- 2 Tbl melted butter
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 1–2 Tbl olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a pan with foil and lightly spray.
- Clean out the peppers. When cutting them, chop off the top and run the knife on the top about ¼” from the tip to the top of the pepper. You don’t want to split them in half. You want the pepper whole but have the slit so you can stuff it.
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the butter and panko.
- Liberally stuff the peppers with the spinach mixture.
- Mix panko and butter together.
- Add the buttered panko mixture on top of the spinach.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. If serving as a finger food, bake for 15 minutes. The peppers will still have some crunch to them however you will be able to hold them with your fingers.
*** Now if you wanted to make this a lighter version, you could use fat free cream cheese, fat free sour cream and omit the panko/bread crumbs.