When I first saw this recipe on my friend KC from Chat ‘n Dish facebook page I was like “Ohhhhhhhhhhhh… that looks awesome!” So naturally I asked her for it as I wanted to make it. She, being so sweet, gave it to me without batting an eye (Thanks a million KC!).
Now when I first saw her recipe I instantly thought “That’s it??? That’s all that goes into making something that awesome?”
So this past weekend I had made my Triple Bean Turkey Chili for the guys and wanted something with depth to go on the side. These instantly came to mind!
I dug out her recipe and then made the “oh crap!” face. I didn’t have ready-to-cook hash browns or garlic herb cream cheese. So I went the old fashioned way and made it all from scratch.
Well these things were better than I had anticipated. I did have to tweak the recipe a bit (I had to make my own garlic herb cream cheese and I added chives and bacon to it) but the base recipe is hers.
These are definitely a staple now when I make chili and I can so see these on the buffet table for the next Steelers game!
Shredded Potato Bacon Muffins
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 2 Eggs
- 2 green onions, minced (green and white parts)
- 2 teaspoon fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1lb grated potatoes, drained very well (or you can use shredded ready to cook hash browns)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Grease muffin tin with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, Parmesan, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, dill and basil.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the bacon, onions and chives, blend.
- Give the potatoes one last good squeeze to drain off any excess liquid.
- Fill muffin tin to the top.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes if using mini muffin tin or 25-28 if using standard size muffin tin.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula or knife, gently remove from the pans onto a cooling rack.
If you wanted you could added shredded cheese and cooked sausage to this too.
Leave a Comment & Review