Make this for dinner
Really… MAKE THIS!
Did you make this recipe?Leave a review
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound skirt steak; or 1 pound of chicken, or 1 pound shrimp
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- For marinade, in a large bowl, combine all ingredients with a whisk.
- Put the meat in a plastic bag and pour the marinade over top. Squish it around ensuring the meat it all covered. *If doing multiple type meats, put each meat in a separate bowl/plastic bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, though I often do overnight. Make sure to turn the bags every few hours to ensure all the meat gets the marinade soak.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees; set tortillas in for 1 to 3 minutes, to warm.
- Remove and put in a covered basket.
- Preheat a ridged grill pan on high heat.
- Lightly baste with olive oil.
- Add marinated meat and grill for over medium-high heat and cook for 4 minutes on each side (for beef), chicken is about 4-6 minutes each side and shrimp is about 3 minutes per side and then transfer to a cutting board and let rest. Depending on the size of your grill pan you may need to cook in batches.
- Once the meat is off the grill pan and resting, add the bell peppers and onions
- Grill the mixture for 7 to 8 minutes until the vegetables are just barely limp.
- Place cooked meat in a large bowl or platter and serve with tortillas, toppings and garnishes.
- For each fajita, fill a tortilla with meat and desired amounts of garnishes and toppings and roll up like a burrito.
- Serve with refried beans, black beans or Spanish rice.