Ever since I posted the recipe for my Fried Crab Rangoons, I’ve no lie had to make these 15 times for Mr. Fantabulous. He actually said to me at 10:30 one night as I was heading to bed “Um honey, did you say you were going to make some of those crab wontons as a snack tonight???” Now mind you I made a full dinner earlier AND dessert yet this man is obsessed with these things. Just like we all have the staples in our house – milk, bread, eggs, flour, I now at all times MUST have the crab rangoon filling made up at ready to use at a moment’s notice.
Yeah.. he’s that spoiled! I keep telling people, if there is such a thing as reincarnation, I don’t want to come back as someone famous… I want to come back as Mr. Fantabulous! LOL I want pampered and spoiled like that! 🙂
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 8 ounces of flaked crab
- 25 to 30 wonton squares or 8 egg roll wrappers cut into quarters.
- Canola oil for brushing the wontons
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together but wontons and oil.
- Brush each wonton wrapper with oil and place in a mini muffin tin having the edges stick out and over the top.
- Fill with filling (about a 1/2 -1 tsp).
- Take opposite corners of the wonton and gently “pinch together”.
- Repeat with the remaining corners – you want it to just slightly form a point. They will open slightly when cooking – that’s OK.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown/desired crispiness. Keep in mind that they will crisp up slightly more when they are removed from the pan and allowed to slightly cool.