So the other night, at like 11pm I had a craving…
I wanted a milkshake… bad… real bad. BUT it was 11pm on a ‘school night’ and well, I just don’t eat/drink stuff like that. So like a good girl I went to bed, tummy grumbling, dreaming of milkshakes and all that creamy dreamy goodness. All day yesterday at work I couldn’t focus as I was still jonesin’ pretty bad. By 7pm last night I NEEDED a shake…. bad.. REAL BAD 🙂
So while Mr. Fantabulous was working on the downstairs I finally got out the blender, the ice cream and some milk. I had to do it.. .had to I tell ya!
Then as I was reaching for some berries to put in it, I saw the last little bit of pumpkin puree in a bowl. Staring at me, batting it’s long eyelashes (go with it people…), begging me to give it some love and attention. I felt it my civic duty to oblige the orphaned pumpkin puree. I mean it was the humane things to do… right?!
And oblige I did…
Seriously, I felt dirty and ashamed while I was drinking it. I felt like I should go confess (to my trainer) that I did something bad. I’ve been a bad, bad girl.. <and then my mind starts to sing the rest of that Fiona Apple song… god I loved that song. Wonder whatever happened to Fiona anyway???>
But really, I couldn’t help myself. It just compelled me. No, I think it twisted my arm and made me do it (looks for bruising from her arm being twisted… or something… damn! no bruise!)
With pumpkin so relevant right now, you owe it to yourself to make this!
OH OH OH!!! This would be AWESOME with a side of Cinnamon Sugar Pie Fries!!!!! *note to self, make Pie Fries next time for this!!!*Print
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling!)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbl heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2–3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (adjust for your taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbl light brown sugar
- 2 large scoops of vanilla bean ice cream (~about 2 cups)
- In a blender, blend the pumpkin, milk, cream vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the ice cream and whip until thick and creamy. If you like it thicker, add in about a 1/4-1/2 cup more ice cream. If you want it thinner, add a little more milk.