So I’ve had a pound of ground white meat chicken in the fridge like forever (well okay, like 2 days) but I was stumped on what to make with it. Sure I could have made Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups again but I ate so many of them I was burnt out from them (give me a week to recuperate). As I was putzing around the kitchen I had to start dinner for Mr. Fantabulous. Since I had the tequila already out (shhhh… don’t ask), I figured I’d go with a tequila lime marinade for him. and THAT’s when it hit me!
Margarita Chicken Meatballs!!! People lemme tell you what! These things are INSANELY FANFRIGGENTASTICAL good! The first day I made them I ate 6…without stopping… without breathing…. without a damn apology! Because I can, I married this with a combo of my Cilantro Lime Dressing and Spicy Peanut Sauce… seriously, I think I’m going to marry this dish!
I’m so excited about this recipe that I literally am at a loss for words … *Mr. Fantabulous says thank you by the way*
Just make these; trust me on this! Whether you want ’em nekkid (they are AWESOME nekkid by the way – that would be sans the sauce ya perverts… well, I mean I guess you can eat ’em nekkid *wink* but I wouldn’t make ’em nekkid.. just sayin’!)
Or with the sauce… (this is my favorite!)Print
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients except the oil.
- Mix gently to combine. The mixture will feel wet and stick to your fingers but will hold a rough meatball shape. Resist adding more Panko as you’ll have more of a meatloaf rather than a meatball. The panko acts just as a loose binder.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, scoop out 1/4 cup of the mixture (judge with your hands) and gently form into a meatball. You will almost have to ‘pat’ it into a round form versus the traditional rolling.
- Place in the oil and cook on all sides 4-6 minutes or just until the sides are browned.
- Transfer to the parchment line pan and continue browning the rest of the meatballs.
- Place the browned meatballs in the oven for 10-14 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- At this point you can put the Cilantro Lime Dressing in a bowl and then dollop the Spicy Peanut Sauce in the middle of it OR you can just mix the 2 together. Either way your call.