‘… TKW walks into the room, puts her head down and takes a deep breath. Her knees are trembling, her lip is starting to quiver and it’s as if you can hear her heart racing. She slowly lifts her head, looks you in the eye and starts to confess…’
Yours truly has an addiction unlike no other. An addition to avocados! *giggle* I am seriously in love with those glorious green gems! It’s pretty evident by the slew of recipes I have on here featuring and or incorporate them (See below)
So it’s no exception that I figure out a way to use those beauties in one of my all time favorite dips – hummus!
Yes, I went there…
No really, I did!
This was pure just AWESOME in a dish!
Like I ate it by the spoonful. Sure there were crackers and veggies but seriously the spoon was the fastest way I could get this in my mouth WITH the most amount on it! LOL I would have used my fingers but I was kinda fearful that I might have bit them off! HAHA
Just look out creamy and luscious this looks!
This was so silky smooth that it seriously had the texture of soft serve ice cream. Speaking of… ever had avocado ice cream? It’s interesting to say the least.
Anyway, back to this dish ♥♥♥
Yeah, I ♥ it!
Now the ONLY thing with making this is that it doesn’t last long for 2 reasons – one, because you will eat it all and two – avocados will discolor once cut.
HOWEVER… I have a trick for you to help extend the ‘color’ of these! When you cut the avocado, save the pit. Put that in the bottom of your serving dish and then put the hummus on top. The pit helps retard the discoloration!Print
Avocado Hummus – yes, I went there!
- Yield: 3 cups
- Category: Dip
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed WITH THE SKINS removed
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 avocados, save the pit
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon cayenne *optional
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Add the water, lemon juice and tahini to a food processor/blender.
- Blend on high until the tahini becomes fluffy and light in color.
- Add in the avocados, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.
- Blend until pureed.
- With the machine running add in the oil and process until incorporated.
- While running add the shelled chickpeas a little at a time. If it seems too thick add a little bit more water.
- Place the pit in the bottom of the bowl (this will retard it from browning) and cover.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
Keywords: avocado, dip, hummus, healthy
For more Avocado recipes check some of these out!
♥ Crispy Baked Avocado Fries -#1 Appetizer recipe!
♥ Protein Packed Mini Double Chocolate Muffins – Yep, more avocado in these luscious muffins!
♥ Breakfast Duos – Jarlsberg Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Hollandaise Sauce
♥ Sriracha Black Bean Sliders with Spicy Avocado Cream Sauce
|♥ Tropical Fruit Avocado Pepper Salsa|
♥ and a boat load more! Just do a search!
Leave a Comment & Review