I. ♥. HUMMUS!
No really, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE hummus!
I showed you already how to make the most amazing, creamiest hummus from scratch. Once you make this you will never, EVER buy that store-bought stuff again!
Next I shared with you a twist on the classic hummus by using oven roasted cauliflower. Roasted Cauliflower Hummus?! I know, right! It’s beyond amazing!
While you all commented how much you loved both a bunch of you said that you had a really, really hard time finding Tahini which is a staple in making hummus. Sure you can order it online or locate it in specialty food stores but you often pay out the wazoo for a small jar.
What if I told you that you could make your own tahini from scratch, at home, using only 3 ingredients?
No really, you can make your own!
It’s super, SUPER simple and saves you a bajillion dollars.
Well okay, not exactly a bajillion but still a butt load.
Hmmm.. how much money technically equals a butt load? I guess it would go by the size of the booty? LOL
Yeah… I tend to wonder things like this. Strange, I know but you love me *wink*
But seriously, this is one of the EASIEST recipes to make.Print
Tahini from scratch
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus extra if needed for thinner consistency)
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread sesame seeds on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet, and bake for 6 minutes.
- Toss the seeds and re-spread out and bake for 6-8 min or until sesame seeds
- are fragrant and golden brown.
- Immediately remove from the pan and place in a bowl to cool down.
- Add to food processor bowl.
- Grind for 1 minute, or until seeds have broken down.
- With the processor on, drizzle in olive oil, and continue to grind until a smooth paste forms (~1-2 minutes). If mixture is too dry, then add more olive oil, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Season to taste.
- Store in glass jar (covered) in the fridge. Will last for about a month.
Leave a Comment & Review