- Rinse and pat dry the pork.
- Generously rub the spice rub all over the meat.
- Place, fat side up in the crock pot.
- Add enough water just so it comes up 1” high.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- When done, remove from the pot using tongs.
- Allow to drain slightly.
- Place the pork in a serving bowl and using 2 forks, shred the meat to desired chunk size.
- Pour 2-2 1/2 cups of the bbq sauce on top and gently mix. You don’t want to soak it in the sauce but rather just get it infused with the flavors. It should be just wet.
- Serve with extra sauce on the side.
Serve on sliders, hard rolls, tortilla chips (think nachos) or however your little heart desires!