I am obsessed with my Bacon BBQ Sauce. Seriously, this stuff is LIFE CHANGING! That single recipe has gone world-wide 10 times over easily. So it’s only befitting that I use that sauce on one of my favorite sammiches. I LOVE pulled pork and pulled chicken. For me, it’s a must on every party food table as well as football and hockey game gathering.
Just imagine a huge bowl of this sweet bacon bbq-y pulled pork on your table. So juicy and tender with that succulent Bacon BBQ sauce just dripping from it.
Next to it you have rolls, buns, tortilla chips (think pulled pork nachos!), maybe some cheese, coleslaw or heck.. just a fork and plate!
This is one of those dishes were literally it cooks itself (TYVM Mr. Crockpot!). When it’s done just simply shred though it tends to just fall apart on it’s own as it’s so tender. Pour on some of that life changing sauce and have at it!
For me I went full on slider! Pretzel Bun, tons of sharp melted cheddar and sauce just dripping!
Yes, my face got down right filthy from this and I loved every minute of it!
So with Football season upon us now, be sure to put this on your must-make recipe lists!
- Rinse and pat dry the pork.
- Generously rub the spice rub all over the meat.
- Place, fat side up in the crock pot.
- Add enough water just so it comes up 1” high.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- When done, remove from the pot using tongs.
- Allow to drain slightly.
- Place the pork in a serving bowl and using 2 forks, shred the meat to desired chunk size.
- Pour 2-2 1/2 cups of the bbq sauce on top and gently mix. You don’t want to soak it in the sauce but rather just get it infused with the flavors. It should be just wet.
- Serve with extra sauce on the side.
Serve on sliders, hard rolls, tortilla chips (think nachos) or however your little heart desires!