One thing I love about this time of year is that everything is about pumpkin and spice. Now Mr. Fantabulous kinda gets cranky this time of year. He’s a full on sun kinda guy and living where we live, we have 8 bajillion trees that I swear have leaves upon leaves upon leaves. While it’s absolutely breath taking to see the leaves turn colors, his happy face goes grumpy as that means those pretty leaves are going to start falling…and falling…and falling. It’s a job we take a good 2-3 weekends to tackle even with the commercial leaf sucker-upper-thingamabob. Well now with my still recuperating this job now lies solely on him thus his crankiness. Now I know me, and he knows me so we both know I’m going to be out there trying to help (meaning I’ll be in the way and he’ll yell at me for trying to do anything but breathe). LOL We shall see…
Anyway, since Mr. Crankypants was having a bad day glaring at the leaves I decided to make a fall treat. Since I wanted to keep it simple, I took some help from a regular boxed cake mix. I’ve made this before from scratch for my signature series but this, I have to admit, it pretty close to my from scratch one. It’s really, really good!
This cake is so tender and just ridiculously moist! The pumpkin with the hint of spices along with that thick layer of gooey caramel and that unbelievable whipped cream frosting…
Dear Sweet Baby Jesus this was amazing!
I did my hardest to take a picture of just the cake itself without the fork in it but I swear this fork had a mind of it’s own! It jumped out of my hand, submerged its tines into the luscious frosting, gooey caramel and moist cake and then just laid there on the plate… waiting, waiting to be tasted. Swear! HAHAHA.. yeah right! Seriously this cake, I just couldn’t wait! I had to taste it! The smell just was so intoxicating!
Now I know a few of you are wondering what the ‘BTS’ means in this cake’s title. Well, let’s just say it’s *almost* Better Than S… LOL Since this is a kid-friendly site, you’ll have to email me to ask me what it means but I’m sure you get the idea!Print
Caramel Pumpkin BTS Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 18 ounce Carrot Cake Mix
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups Caramel Sauce (not ice cream topping), warmed and pourable
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9×13” glass pan with parchment paper with a 1” overhang.
- Spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the carrot cake mix, pumpkin puree and milk with a wooden spoon. The mixture will become creamy.
- Add in the cinnamon chips and mix just to combine.
- Spread the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (a few crumbs is OK).
- Place the pan on a cooling rack.
- Wait 10 minutes and using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes every 2” in the cake.
- Pour the condensed milk over top of the entire cake.
- Wait 10 minutes and then pour the caramel sauce over top of the entire cake evenly.
- Allow to cool completely to room temperature. ~60-90 minutes.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator, uncovered for 6 hours though overnight is better.
- In bowl add in the cream cheese and butter.
- Using an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and butter. ~2-3 minutes.
- Add in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla and mix together on low as to not blow the sugar everywhere.
- Once the sugar incorporated add in the heavy cream and whip until fluffy.
- Remove the cake from the fridge and spread the whipped frosting on top of the caramel.
- Place back in the fridge and allow to chill for 1 hour prior to serving.
Leave a Comment & Review