There’s something to be said for wing sauce all over your face, your chin, your fingers and not giving a care in the world who sees you while you eat them! THAT’s when you know ‘dem wings are AWESOME!
These are THOSE wings!
These are THAT awesome!
Seriously just LOOK at those wings! Now I made these for me… I love a lot of sauce HOWEVER you can put on as much as you want. Mr. Fantabulous prefers his wings with just a light glaze of sauce. Some prefer ’em nekkid and then use the sauce as a dip.
The base of these awesome wings is how they are made. You NEED to Oven-Fry them! Trust me, my method is THE BEST and healthiest way out there. No frying but you get all the same crunch and crispiness of a fried wing.
Now the other secret to these wings is my Sticky Honey BBQ Sauce! Seriously, I eat this by the spoon it’s THAT good! I’ve used this on chicken, shrimp, pork and even turkey! AMAZING!
These wings are so easy to make. Literally the longest (and hardest) part of making these is the waiting. See you have to wait at least 8 hours for the wings to sit in the fridge and let the seasonings do their magic. Baking them couldn’t be simpler. And eating them couldn’t be awesomer! LOL
It’s funny as I made these yesterday for us and I, who hated wings for years, LOVED these! See I have ‘issues’ eating chicken with bones in it. I’ve grown though to the point where I’ll take the first bite until I hit a bone or something not-meat and then have to use my fork. However I still manage to get sauce EVERYWHERE! Yes, I’m pretty damn sexy when I eat these wings … sauce on my lips, my chin, my cheeks and even my nose. Oh yeah, I’m that sexy!
I was at Sam’s club the other day and they had 6 pounds of wings for almost $7! So needless to say I grabbed a bunch, cut them up and stuck them in the freezer in portioned bags. This is such a simple dish to make and PERFECT now that it’s football season or those nights when you just want to chill at home with the family. Put on your best comfy clothes, roll up your sleeves, grab the box of napkins and have at it!Print
- 4 lbs chicken wings, halved at joints, wingtips set aside (save for stock)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 cups Sticky Honey BBQ Sauce
- Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set rack inside.
- Carefully dry chicken wings with paper towels.
- Place wings in a bag, add the baking powder and salt.
- Shake evenly.
- Place on rack, leaving slight space between each wing.
- Place baking sheet with wings in refrigerator and allow to rest, uncovered, at least 8 hours. This draws out the moisture.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add chicken wings and cook for 20 minutes.
- Flip wings and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, 15 to 25 minutes longer or until internal temperature is 165F.
- While the wings are cooking, heat up your bbq sauce in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- When the wings are done, place them in a large bowl (can do in batches) and pour over 1 cup of warmed bbq sauce.
- Using tongs or simply just tossing the wings in the bowl coat with the sauce. This will just give you a light coating. If you want more sauce, add more. I prefer them smothered in sauce while Mr. Fantabulous likes them just lightly coated. I’ll lightly coat his and then dip my coated wings in the extra sauce.