Right before Valentine’s day Finlandia® made an amazing announcement. They were expanding their products from their world-renown cheeses to premium imported butter. Now I know what some of you might be thinking.. “butter is butter, no real difference”, right? Oh folks you are so mistaken. It’s kind of like not all cars are made the same way or how all chocolate is of the same quality. I mean there is a difference in quality and in this case, taste. Finlandia® Imported Butter is crafted from pure, fresh milk, produced on family owned farms in Finland. Finlandia® Imported Butter provides authentic rich and luscious flavor that is still made the way butter should be; the old-fashioned way. It’s simple and pure; nothing artificial and no added hormones. And what I love about it is that it’s made with non-GMO ingredients according to EU standards, with no rBST hormones.
This creamy, delicious butter starts with the purest milk in Europe from small Finnish family owned farms where the cows are treated humanely. The fresh milk is carefully churned and cooled to a perfect temperature that creates a delightfully creamy flavor and smooth texture. Whether you’re one of the most discriminating French chefs creating some of your famous baked goods and croissants or a home baker, Finlandia® Imported Butter is the ultimate butter for baking, cooking and especially, eating! This butter has truly set the bar when it comes to standards of butter!
When I got the Finlandia® Imported Butter I did something that I bet most of you will cringe at… I taste it as-is. Meaning I put a bit of just butter in my mouth to try it. The best way you can tell how something tastes is to taste it without anything additional added to it. Why? The other items added to it, seasoning or so will alter the flavor of it. This Finlandia® Imported Butter is rich and decadent. It’s creamy and refined. You could taste the quality. Truth be told I thought about taking another taste but I figured I best get to making something amazing out of this.
I wanted the Finlandia® Imported Butter to shine and not get lost in a recipe like a cake or cookie. Sure I could have just put it on toast and showed you that only to subsequently eat it later (like I did with some toasted ciabatta afterwards) but I wanted the true taste of the Finlandia® Imported Butter to be the star. That’s when it hit me.. Garlic Bread! Some say garlic is the star but I think that’s because most butters we used are just your normal every day butter. While they are great for most dishes I think that when you make garlic butter you want only the finest quality items – fresh garlic and amazing Finlandia® Imported Butter. Normally the garlic bread butter that you either buy or get in a restaurant is greasy or tasteless. You get nothing but garlic, you lose that butter. HOWEVER, with Finlandia® Imported Butter, you still get that garlic awesomeness BUT now you actually taste the creaminess of the butter with it. It’s PURE HEAVEN!
Finlandia® Imported Butter comes in two awesome varieties – unsalted and salted. Now for me I only use the unsalted in baking and leave the salted butter for crusty breads. I love salted Finlandia® Imported Butter spread on toasted ciabatta bread. The bread being all warm and toasty and when that creamy luscious butter hits it and starts to melt down into all those crevices in the bread it’s all I can do to contain myself not to dive face first into that pool of buttery love. This is definitely something you’re going to want to post and tweet about for sure once you sink your teeth into this buttery awesomeness! #FinlandiaButter, #PremiumButter, #ButterMeUp Yes, it’s a 3-hash tag worthy tweet!
But wait, isn’t butter bad for us? Nope! Finlandia® Imported Butter also offers a healthy addition to your diet. The American Heart Association (AMA) now recommends butter in your diet – as long as you use it in moderation. The AMA reports you can healthfully add up to 7 percent of your daily calories in this healthy fat. Not all butters are alike. Finlandia® Imported Butter is the all-natural choice for chefs and home cooks alike! Living a healthy lifestyle is important to me and knowing this tidbit makes me happy.
For more information and to see where you can find Finlandia® Imported Butter, click here!
Finlandia Premium Butter Garlic Bread Spread
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
Garlic Bread Spread
- 14 tablespoon Finlandia Premium Butter, unsalted and room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic (~5 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated cheese (*optional)
- Crusty Italian bread sliced into 1” thick slices
- Shredded Mozzarella
Make the Spread
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add in the butter.
- Turn the mixer slowly to medium and cream the butter until it’s light and fluffy; scraping down the sides often. ~3-5 minutes
- Turn the mixer off and add in the rest of the ingredients minus the bread.
- Turn the mixer on gradually to medium to blend all the ingredients together.
- Remove the spread from the bowl and place in a glass jar with a lid.
- Store in the fridge.
Crispy Garlic Bread Slices
- Preheat the oven to 400F, rack in the middle.
- Liberally spread the garlic bread spread over top of cut bread.
- Place buttered side up on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges start to crisp up and the butter starts to bubble and melt.
- To make cheesy, remove from the oven, top each slice with some mozzarella and put back into the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Soft and Chewy Garlic Bread Loaves
- Preheat the oven to 400F, rack in the middle.
- Slather the spread on both sides of the bread and put back into a loaf shape.
- Wrap the bread in foil though not too tightly – you don’t want to steam it.
- Place the bread on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the butter melts.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven, open up the foil exposing the top of the bread and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the crust is toasted. *If you want to make this cheesy, right after you open up the foil put some mozzarella in between each slice being careful not to lose the loaf shape.
Recipe Reviews & Comments
Joe Waldov says
Best tasting butter in the universe!