Happy Friday TKW Family! Today I’m going to be sharing with you what I deem the baking essentials every foodie needs. Today we’re focusing on the equipment. So while you’re making out that list for your favorite foodie, let TKW’s Holiday Foodie Gift Guide: The Baking Essentials help you out and stop you from racking your brain on what to get them.
These are items that I use on a weekly basis and LOVE! Yes these items do lead to Amazon where it’s an affiliate link (the small commission I make off of that helps fund TKW so thank you for your purchases!). For those of you that know me, you know how incredibly critical I am about the items I use. If I don’t use them, I don’t promote them.. period! And while some of these items may be out of your budget I will list some alternatives that I have used and do love.
As you can see in my world the following are the basic baking essentials every foodie needs:
- 6-Piece Bakeware Set – Whether you want want to make muffins, bread, brownies or jelly rolls, a great set of pans is crucial for the baker in your life!
- Mini Muffin Pan – A mini muffin pan is one of the best pans available. Perfect to make mini meatloaves, cupcakes, brownies or cheesecakes.
- Bundt Pan – Plain and simple, bundt cakes are SEXY and one of the best treats on a Sunday brunch!
- AirBake 16 by 14-Inch Large Baking Sheet – I LOVE LOVE LOVE these baking sheets! I have been using these pans for at least 20+ years and nothing has ever stuck to them!
- Non-Stick Perforated French Bread Pan – Making homemade crusty bread is a weekly thing for me and will be for the baker in your life. This pan is the best pan out there to ensure you get that bakery-style crust each and every time!
- Spring Form Pan – Whether you love cheesecakes, deep dish brownies, specialty pies or even filled doughs, a leak proof spring form pan is a must!
- Large cooling rack – I cannot stress the importance of a cooling rack and more importantly one that is oven proof.
- USA Pans 6-Piece Bakeware Set – This set includes a Large Cookie Sheet, Half Sheet, 9 x 13 Jellyroll Sheet, 8-inch Square, Small Loaf Pan, and a 12 Cup Muffin Panet Includes: Large Cookie Sheet, Half Sheet, 9 x 13 Jellyroll Sheet, 8-inch Square, Small Loaf Pan, and a 12 Cup Muffin Pan. What I love about these pans is that they are made here in Pittsburgh, they are super easy to clean and bake my foods evenly!
- Wilton Recipe Right 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan – I love this pan. When I want to pump out a bunch of appetizers of muffins for a crowd, I can get 2 dozen done at a time which makes my baking time so fast. The pan is easy to clean which is a bonus!
- Nordic Ware Pro Form Anniversary Cake Pan, 12 Cup – Nordic Ware has been a product that has been in my family for generations. I use this pan every week just like my Mom did. It’s one of my most favorite pans!
- AirBakeT-Fal Natural 16 by 14-Inch Large Baking Sheet – These pans are hands down THE BEST cookie pans I have ever used. Nothing sticks to them ever and after 20+ years of using the same pans, they still bake perfectly!
- Chicago Metallic Commercial II Non-Stick Perforated French Bread Pan – This pan is PHENOMENAL and the key to making crusty French and Italian bread at home just like the bakeries do!
- Nordic Ware Leakproof Springform Pan, 10 Cup, 9 Inch – What I love about this pan is that it’s leak proof and non stick. I have a few different sizes of this pan and absolutely love it. My cheesecakes turn out perfectly every single time.
- Checkered Chef Cooling Rack – Baking Rack. Stainless Steel Oven and Dishwasher Safe. Fits Half Sheet Cookie Pan – Having a cooling rack is SO important as you can use it beyond baking. So many bacon recipes require it being baked on a cooling rack. And this rack can go from oven to dishwasher without any problems. Plus this pan is huge which means it’ll hold multiple trays of cookies at once!
So that’s a wrap for the Cooking Essentials. However don’t worry as I’ll be posting more essentials soon – Ingredients, Gadgets/Gidzmos/Utensils for your favorite foodie in your life. Don’t forget to check out my TKW’s Holiday Foodie Gift Guide: The Cooking Essentials for the home chef in your life!