Seriously it’s Sunday already? For real? WOW – so much went on last week however it feels like squat got done. So let’s talk about my counter tops. Last week I shared with you how the people that were supposed to install them ended up screwing up them up, ruining them and them having to cut new pieces. Yeah… so they brought out 2 new pieces of granite (mind you just in my kitchen alone I got 5 huge pieces installed) and they “guaranteed” that these pieces would be from the same lot. Let’s just say I refused to accept them as they looked hideous and clearly didn’t match the rest of the counters they installed 2 weeks prior. Talk about a major headache. The GM is supposed to call me on Monday to get this remediated but we’ll see. All I know it’s been almost 2 months and I STILL do not have a truly working kitchen let alone a sink and counters because of their inability to do their jobs.
Seriously, I cannot believe how long this is taking. But I manage and as you see still find a way to cook, bake and keep TKW up and running plus keep Mr. Fantabulous fed.
Let’s see, what else? So I’m not sure if I shared with you guys but I ended up getting a serious reaction to Virginia Creeper vine. It’s similar to poison ivy with regards to the rash and itchiness (or so I’m told – I’m not allergic to poison ivy). After 3 days of wanting to use a rake on my skin I went to the urgent care for some meds. The doc put me on Prednisone for 10 days. Okay seriously people who manufacture this drug – can you please remove the stuff in it that produces the following side effects:
- Inability to sleep – seriously I sleep 3-4 hours a night. That’s the norm. The fact that you made me sleep 2 hours is unacceptable.
- Sweating and super hot – WTH? I don’t sweat yet the thought of putting clothes on made me sweat and don’t even get me started on being hot. I literally went out and bought a fan for my desk. That’s not normal for me here people. I’m that chick that’s always cold and always has a sweater on in the office – even in summer.
- Appetite – Okay I honestly think I ate a shoe, the wrapper my sandwich came in, the box of pasta raw and about 473 ice cream cones because I used the excuse “I’m on steroids – that’s making me eat”. I actually contemplated if I had a tape worm or not. FYI – I’ve seen those shows where people actually have one.. OMG I’d die!
The only positive thing about this drug; well okay 2 positive things:
- It got rid of the itchiness and my desire to spoon with a rake
- The ridiculous amount of energy. I could have built a house with my bare hands in 2 days if Mr. Fantabulous would have let me. lol
So this upcoming week should be interesting to say the least with this granite company. You know I’m a really, really patient and understanding person but I think this may push me to my limits here. As I keep telling Mr. Fantabulous – never again. Never again will we do another remodel/renovation/construction job again.
With that, you have yourself one fantabulous week!
♥ Monday – Hearty Healthy Vegetarian Lettuce Spoons
♥ Tuesday – Cheesy Shaved Beef Stuffed Baked Potatoes
♥ Wednesday – Bacon Wrapped Meatloaves
♥ Thursday – Guinness Crock Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage with a Guinness Reduction Sauce
♥ Friday – Prosciutto Pizza Parma
♥ Saturday – Fantabulous Pressure Cooker Pork Ragu
♥ Sunday – The Quintessential Perfect Reuben
♥ Dessert of the week – Chocolate Cheese Crack Cookies