These Weekly Menu recipes allow you to get out of that same ol’ recipe rut and try some delicious and easy dishes! This week I highly recommend making Ziti Peperonata with Hot Sausage, Cucumber Ham & Cheese Pinwheels, and Pork Ragout!
Happy Sunday TKW Family! How was your week? Ours was busy but on different things. Since I’m dealing with another hand issue all of the outside maintenance is left to Mr. Fantabulous. Cutting back bushes, weeds, skinning palm trees, and basic outside work. He’s done it all. Normally I help him (or at least pick up all the crap he cuts) but after a very painful visit with my surgeon, I’ve been nursing a sore ‘paw’ for a few days.
You know, when I used to think about what would grow in the desert, I never thought about flowers. However, we have a ton of hibiscus trees and flowering bushes that are GORGEOUS. Yet what we don’t have are cacti. What we do have are these things called “Lantana”. Pretty bushes/shrubs of bright orange, purple, pink, red, and yellow. HOWEVER… they STINK! Like it’s a cross between gas, cat waste, and old fermented citrus. And if you get it on your hands… you scrub and scrub…and scrub.
Right now we’re trying to decide if we pull all of them and put in other things (which are super expensive here) or just let them go as they are a pretty plant that flowers pretty much all year here.
Have you seen the feature of Reels on Instagram and Facebook? They are anywhere from 15 seconds to 60 seconds little videos of content. I’ve been posting them on Instagram for quite some time now but have recently started to post some on Facebook too. If you get a chance, check them out! While you’re there, please give me a follow!
- Check out the Pizza Expo – Facebook and Instagram – Day 1 and Day 2
- Green Chili Bacon Blistered Shishito Peppers – Facebook and Instagram
- Cheesy Guinness Reuben Gnocchi Casserole – Facebook and Instagram
- Grilled Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon Dijon Vinaigrette – Facebook and Instagram
- My Latest Avocado Toast Obsession – Facebook and Instagram
- All things Blueberry – Facebook
- Growing Microgreens – Facebook
- Grilled Pomegranate Flank Steaks– Facebook
- Lip Smackin’ Sweet & Tangy BBQ sauce – Facebook and Instagram
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls – Facebook
- No-Knead Focaccia – Facebook and Instagram
- Woodfired Pizza – Facebook & Instagram
- Woodfired Bacon – Facebook & Instagram
- How to use a ButterBell – Facebook
- Skillet Hot Sausage Pepornatta – Facebook
- Nashville Hot Chicken & Potato kebobs – Facebook & Instagram
- Pepperoni & Buratta Pizza on the Big Green Egg – Facebook
- Cast Iron Pizza on the Big Green Egg – Facebook and Instagram
- Christmas Tree Pizza – Facebook and Instagram
- Nashville Hot Chicken & Potato kebobs – Instagram
- Instant Pot Pulled Mexican Chicken – Facebook
TKW On YouTube
As I mention every Sunday, I have a YouTube channel. I’d LOVE and appreciate it if you subscribed there. I’m brand spanking new there and with the millions of TKW Family members out there, I need to build up my subscription base there.
Not only am I creating videos for my newer recipes but I’m also going back and creating them for my most popular recipes.
Since I have 1000+ recipes posted, it’ll take me a little bit to get them all done but I’ll get there.
My goal is to do more longer-type 10-15 minute cooking videos where I talk to you while cooking – think TV show but candid.
Candid in the sense of – I scrape the whole bowl out (no, we don’t waste stuff in my house), I’ll get batter on my face, flour on my chest, and laugh at myself because I dropped/tripped/or just messed up what I was trying to say.
You’ll get me as me – true authentic Lori
Did you make a recipe? Leave a blog comment!
So why do I ask this? Two reasons:
- Honest feedback is appreciated. It helps me learn and grow.
- Most folks read the comments first before they decide on making a recipe or not.
We all visit blogs looking for delicious items and inspiration. What I find (and you should as well) the MOST USEFUL thing is the comments that people leave. Honest feedback, good or bad but respectful please, on a recipe.
You can give suggestions on what you’d tweak or a spin you put on it. Heck or just tell me that you loved it! Like how to make vegan, keto, or not use mushrooms.
This is how I grow and become better on here and it gives you guys real feedback. The absolute most critical thing you can do for me is to leave a comment on the blog recipe post.
When I look at someone else’s recipe I read the comments as to me, that’s honest feedback. So when you make a recipe of mine or plan on making it, leave a comment on the post. I, and everyone else that goes to my site, truly would appreciate it!
Highlighted Recipes of the week!
Recipes that are tried and true but ones that you may have forgotten about.
- Roasted Shrimp Spinach Salad– This Roasted Shrimp Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Honey Dijon Vinaigrette is loaded with quinoa, roasted peppers, crispy bacon, and the best dressing! Perfect for weekly meal prep too!
- Italian Stuffed Shells The perfect recipe to make a double batch- one for dinner and one for the freezer!
- Buckeye PB Cake Ice Cream Bomb If you’re a peanut butter lover I’m about to BLOW YOUR MIND (and taste buds) with this Seriously Delicious Buckeye Ice Cream Peanut Butter Cake Bomb! Creamy peanut butter swirl ice cream, buckeye filling, chocolate cookie crumble, and ridiculous hot fudge center!
- Creole Cajun Shrimp PoBoy– Bringing the flavors of NOLA to your kitchen!
- Baked Almond Pineapple Chicken The perfect summer recipe for a light and tropical summer chicken dish!
- Italian Chicken Panzanella Salad– A light and delicious salad that’s perfect for the summer!
Weekly Dinner Menu – What to cook this week
With that guys, I’m getting this off to you all. Stay tuned for your newsletter AND your bonus recipe! Have one fantabulously amazing day!
Below I’ve put together some easy and delicious meal prep recipes that can help with dinner or lunch for the week. Plus dessert as well, you always have to have dessert! Is your favorite recipe listed below?
With that, have one fantabulously amazing week!
♥ Monday – Cucumber Ham & Cheese Pinwheels
♥ Tuesday – Chorizo Burgers with Cool Ranch Pepper Sauce
♥ Wednesday – Pork Ragout
♥ Thursday – Zucchini & Ricotta Veggie Burgers
♥ Friday – Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto Pizza with Balsamic Drizzle
♥ Saturday – Skinny Chicken Burrito Bowl
♥ Sunday – Ziti Peperonata with Hot Sausage
♥ Dessert of the week – Chocolate Covered Macadamia Pretzel Caramels
Recipe Reviews & Comments
Viive Howell says
Oh no – lantana is a noxious weed or a “weed of national significance” in Australia! There is also an Australian movie called Lantana!
I love reading your posts. Hope the pain subsides very soon.
Thank you so much! Yeah we have them everywhere. Pretty but invasive!
Best Kitchen Wishes!