These Pumpkin Butter Bars are just amazing! They are soft and oaty with a creamy pumpkin filling that is lip-biting amazing! I mean it’s THAT good! Now the true test was Mr. Fantabulous. See he has never really been a hardcore pumpkin fan. I mean he’ll eat it but he would never ask for something pumpkin flavored. As these were cooling I could hear him coming out of the office sniffing away (trust me, the aromas are intoxicating!). Of course they were way too hot to cut to which I got the pouty face (he’s just so adorable!). Eventually they were cool enough to eat and let me tell you what, after his first bite, the entire thing went into his mouth for the 2nd bite. There was no 3rd or 4th. Just 2 bites (okay so they were small but it still takes me 4 bites to eat a square). He LOVED these!
That night he went to the gym and was answering a bunch more questions about the type of protein powders he recommends. He discusses Syntrax in great detail, the proteins (isolates) and how/when to consume them. Then he talks about me and how I took protein powders beyond the shake and incorporate them into every day meals and desserts. Well the folks there kept asking more questions and I got a call to make up some more stuff so he could take back to the gym the next day. Since these were so simple I whipped up another batch of them along with some of my other Protein Packed dishes. The next day comes and he returns from the gym but doesn’t mention a word about the stuff he took. Finally after giving him the stink eye he broke down and giggled. He said they LOVED all of the stuff. That they couldn’t believe the items that tasted so ‘sinful’ were healthy and made with Protein Powder. The reviews on these bars were outstanding!
I mean LOOK at those bars and that creamy pumpkin butter filling! Have you tried pumpkin butter yet? No? Seriously? Why not??? Don’t buy it, make it yourself! It’s so simple and delicious! These bars can be kept at room temp or in the fridge; totally your call. However they won’t last long so you may want to make 2 batches!
|Protein Packed Pumpkin Butter Bars and a Giveaway!||
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper leaving a 1” overhang all the way around.
- In a food processor process the oats, pecans, salt, and spices until finely ground but not quite into a powder. You want a crumble.
- Dump the oat mixture into a bowl and add in the protein powder whisking to combine.
- Add in the brown sugar and the melted coconut oil.
- Mix gently until the mixture comes together forming a moist crumble.
- Remove 3/4 cup for topping, setting it aside, and press the remaining mixture firmly and evenly into the prepared pan. Use the bottom of a smaller measuring cup to help press it down evenly.
- Spoon the pumpkin butter evenly over the crust in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture evenly over the pumpkin butter pressing the crumbles down lightly. Don’t worry if it doesn’t cover it all.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
For the white drizzle I just melted some white chocolate and made the spiderweb.
Now… the other awesome good stuff! It’s GIVEAWAY time! Our friends at Syntrax are giving away 20 Assorted Flavors Protein Packed Samples. This is amazing as I seriously, SERIOUSLY love their stuff!
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite healthy dish, drink or snack is.
- Join The Kitchen Whisperer on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting us know you did so.
- Join Syntrax on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting us know you did so.
- Subscribe to The Kitchen Whisperer via email (upper right corner of the website). Leave a separate comment letting us know you subscribed via email.
- Follow The Kitchen Whisperer on Twitter. Leave a separate comment letting us know you did so.
- Follow The Kitchen Whisperer on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting us know you did so.
- Follow Syntrax on Twitter. Leave a separate comment letting us know you did so.
That’s 7 chances to win!!! Holy cow!!!
7 chances to win this Syntrax Protein Pack Sampler!! That’s amazing!!!
The giveaway is open until Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The giveaway is only open to U.S. and Canada residents. When commenting, be sure to include a valid email address however do not post your email in your comment. 1 winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. We will email the winner and if the winner doesn’t respond in 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
Disclosure: This giveaway is provided by The Kitchen Whisperer, LLC and SI03 (Syntrax), but our opinions are our own.