Seriously my stomach HURT because I ate so much but seriously I could not stop eating it! So I was on the TKW Facebook page just chit chatting discussing dinner and I mentioned this meal. The requests for the recipe was overwhelming. I mean it was surreal. Now I have recipes queued to be posted however due to the incredible demand for this I’m pushing this one next.
I wish you were here when I made this. I would have LOVED to see your face when you took your first bite of this. The blend of the peanut butter with the soy sauce, ginger and even the Sriracha was pure magic! All I know is THIS is what I’m making again for dinner tonight. Mr. Fantabulous can eat cereal as this is what *I* want.
See he’s funny when it comes to stuff like this. I’m still ‘training’ his taste buds if you will. Trust me, it took me years to get him to eat ‘real fish’ and that while tuna fish is good, there is better fish out there.
The recipe is pretty straight forward though you may need to visit the market to get a few ‘specialty’ ingredients. They aren’t expensive and seriously you will use them it other things. You will fall in love with Sriracha Chili Sauce. I’m a Pittsburgh girl and ketchup is a part of life here. I’m telling you what folks, Sriracha is like the new ketchup!
The final touches of the roasted peanuts and cilantro truly set this dish above and beyond awesome! I seriously cannot wait to make this again though I will make a smaller portion cause my belly, and pants, can’t take it!
wait… who am I kidding? I’m going to make the same big ol’ bowl and find some way to shovel it all in only to beg Mr. Fantabulous later to rub my belly. LOL
|Thai Noodles with Chicken in a Spicy Peanut Sauce||
- 1 pound Udon or Linguini noodles
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 Tbl minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped scallion
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (I just poached mine), warmed
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup regular soy sauce
- 2 Tbl rice vinegar
- 5 Tbl sesame oil, divided
- 2 Tbl light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger, don’t use ginger powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- Roasted peanuts
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 Tbl cilantro, rough chopped
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, 2 1/2 Tbl sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar and Sriracha. The sauce will seem thick but that’s okay. Once it hits the hot noodles it will thin out.
- Set the sauce aside.
- Cook the noodles in large pot of salted boiling water to al dente, according to package instructions.
- Drain the noodles and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle the remaining sesame oil over top and toss to coat evenly.
- Next, add in the carrots, garlic, scallions and shredded chicken.
- Using tongs or chopsticks, toss well to coat.
- Whisk sauce again, taste for hotness and pour over the chicken and noodle mixture.
- Using tongs or chopsticks, toss well to combine.
- Plate and garnish with cilantro, peanuts and sesame seeds.