So while I’m known for decadent desserts and comfort foods, I do actually eat pretty healthy. I’ll be the first to admit but I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate working out! But it’s a necessity of life now. Since I love food and love to eat, and yes.. even if I want to eat one of my brownies, I need to work out. I’m that girl that likes the “bad” stuff – you know, the breads (GOD I LOVE BREAD!), mozzarella sticks, bacon and pizza. I honestly think bacon and pizza are their own food groups! So while I make lighter versions of them (baked mozzarella sticks), some items you really can’t make 100% healthy without them tasting like well… ass. Sorry but you know it’s true. There are just things that can not be made really healthy without tasting like ass on a stick! *shudder*
Therefore, when I want a snack or even a light lunch I tend to go high protein. I want something filling but not heavy. These hummus rollups are packed with protein, low in fat and gives you all the nutrients you need to sustain you until your next meal.
What I love most about this is that you can literally mix it up and add different things to it. If you want that ‘crunch’ factor – add a carrot stick or celery (yuck! I hate raw celery) stick in it. Orrr.. Jicama stick! I ♥ Jicama! Where I live it’s really hard to find so unfortunately I don’t eat it as much. Don’t like ham? Use healthy turkey (not the loaf stuff – that’s just crap pressed together to look like turkey. It’s all gelatinous and yicky)… HAHA I wish you could have seen my face just now. As I was typing that I literally made that squinched up face of a 7 year old!I LOL
But this is a quick snack, great for the kids or those on the go.Print
- Spread 1 Tbl of hummus on each piece of meat.
- Towards the lower third of the meat (closest towards you), add the cheese.
- If adding a veggie, add the stick either on top or in front of the cheese.
- Add 2 pieces of hardboiled egg on top of the cheese/veggie.
- Starting at the side closest to you, roll the meat up and over the filling.
- While you’re rolling you can either roll it completely exposing the ends like I did or you can tuck in the sides as you roll it making it more buritto-like.
- If you’re eating this for lunch you could serve this with a side of Crispy Chick Peas!