I have been on this total ‘summery’ foods kick as of late…
Baked Corn on the Cob
Quinoa Summer Salad
and now tequila lime chicken
Now I’ve made Tequila Lime Chicken before and it’s super yummy but I wanted to revamp the recipe and make it even more awesomer. Yes.. it’s a TKW word 🙂
I definitely did that with this revised recipe. Plus this is pan-seared though it easily can be grilled (well that is if you live in my house and Mr. Fantabulous goes out and gets the propane tanks filled *HINT HINT darling husband*).
I’m short on time this morning as I’m meeting one of my girlfriends for a day of shopping…
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 Tbl garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup really good tequila
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbl honey
- 1 Tbl fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients minus the chicken in a glass bowl mixing well.
- Add the chicken, cover and allow it to marinate for a half hour at room temp. Do not let this sit for more than 30 minutes as the acid in the juices will cook the chicken.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard any remaining marinade.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes each side or until the internal temperature is 165.