So my baby is hurting 🙁 Mr. Fantabulous got hurt pretty bad working out and now we’re waiting to hear if he has to have surgery or not.
Seeing the one you love the mostest in pain sucks…
Knowing you can’t kiss it and make it better or take the pain away sucks the most 🙁
The only thing I could do was make him something yummy to at least give his tummy comfort.
Tonight I made him some spicy (yes it’s spicy) shrimp in a white wine marinara sauce over angel hair. It has all of his favorite components – pasta, my Italian gravy and seafood.
Now this definitely is spicy but it’s not so hot that all you get is heat with no flavor. This is really well balanced by the sweetness of the wine and the hotness of the peppers.
My honey was thrilled with this and for a few moments while he was eating, he smiled and seemed to forget about the pain of his injury.
- 8 ounces of angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 red or orange pepper, seeded, sliced lengthways and then into 1/2” strips
- 1–2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes *Can add more or less per your hotness factor
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup
- Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 pound jumbo peeled and deveined tail-on shrimp (about 12–15 pieces)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil.
- Add the peppers and sauté for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute stirring as to not burn the garlic.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the white wine.
- Return to the heat and stir to mix.
- After 1-2 minutes add in the marinara sauce and stir well to combine.
- By this time the pasta should be done. Drain and allow to rest in the colander while you cook the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque.
- Plate the pasta then add the sauce and shrimp on top.
Now if you’ll pardon me, I want to go take care of my baby…