I’m not a big fan of waffles and pancakes but Mr. Fantabulous LOOOOOOOOOOOOVES them. And he loves mine 🙂
And since I love him, he woke up to these…
Now remember, you can make these ANYTIME..
Plus waffles are very versatile – they can be savory, sweet, used in lieu of breads and so forth…
Happy National Waffle Day!
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
Did you make this recipe?Leave a review
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Buttermilk (don’t buy it, just make you own!)
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the butter milk, egg yolk butter and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg white until soft peaks form (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and whisk just until incorporated. You do not want it smooth.
- Gently fold in the egg white
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Spray your hot iron with non-stick spray.
- Ladle in about 1/3 of a cup (or however much your waffle iron directions call for) and cook for 3-5 minutes or until done. Again, follow your machine’s directions.
And what good cook would make something without trying them???
I made mine with Candied Cinnamon Pecans and a Maple Mascarpone Glaze
Leave a Comment & Review